Fishing at Warren Sports Complex Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Fishing at Warren Sports Complex « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Cary Jones
Username: Caryejones

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 05:04 pm:   

I noticed the last time that I took the kids fishing at Warren Sports Complex that the fish quantity had declined significantly (we caught and saw NOTHING). At a different lake or pond that may not be too unusual, but the kids have always been able to catch a lot of fish there (you could even see them all over the pond), but things are different now. The features at the banks of the pond also seem to have changed. I was wondering if the city had done something lately that would have affected it in this way. Does anyone know?

Rick Wieland, Dir. of Parks and Rec
Username: Rick

Post Number: 431
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 11:02 am:   

Cary,

As the water temperature drops due to the colder weather, fish normally move to deeper water. Obviously this would account for the lack of fish visible near the surface and bank areas. Also, with cooler temperatures, a fish’s metabolism slows making them less active.

The Warren Pond is still stocked annually by the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department. I fish year round and usually catch a lot less fish during the winter months. When the spring temperatures begin to warm, I think you will see the fishing improve to levels you have become accustomed to.

I would also add that we will be releasing 3,400 rainbow trout in the Frisco Commons Pond February 14. Our annual Trick a Trout Kid Fish will be from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. that morning. After the Kid Fish, fishing will be open to the general public. This is a catch and keep program (five fish limit) because any trout not caught will die when the water temperature warms during the spring. A State of Texas fishing license is required for anyone seventeen and older.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss further or if you have any other park related questions.

Thanks,

Bob Johnson
Manager of Park Services
Parks & Recreation Department
6726 Walnut Street
Frisco, TX 75034
Main #: 972-292-6500
My Desk: 972-292-6503
Fax: 972-335-4091
bjohnson@friscotexas.gov

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: