Solar Panels Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

City of Frisco Question and Answer Board » Frisco Q & A » Solar Panels « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Christopher Reemts
Username: Tanker64

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 04:04 pm:   

Been looking for Frisco regulations and incentives for installation of Solar (PV) panels on a home in a subdivision. So far, I have found that I can not put a Wind system in, but, I can not find anything about PV.

With the City of Frisco's leading edge Green Building program I was expecting this to be an easy search. Is there any information available anyplace? Is there a program to help deal with the electric provider we are forced to use? Our "selected" provider appears to be one of the few that does not provide any assistance for Solar power generation and this really needs to change for us (Frisco-ites) that bought here for the "Green" building codes that would like to extend our Carbon Footprint reduction.

Thanks!

Perry Harts, Moderator
Username: Perry

Post Number: 81
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 02:08 pm:   

Mr. Reemts:

The City of Frisco only requires that solar panels must be installed per the requirements of the electrical code and we would provide that information when you applied for a permit. Also remember to check your HOA requirements and deed restrictions to make sure that you would not be violating either one of these requirements. Unfortunately, the City does not have any rebate programs (since we are not a electric utility) but we have been researching options for incorporating solar power into future updates of the green building programs. If you require any additional please feel free to contact me. Thanks and have a great day.

Jeffrey Witt, AICP
Comprehensive & Environmental Administrator
City of Frisco
(972) 292-5360 (Direct)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: